When you work at Motherlove you work for a triple bottom line – people, planet, and profit. At Motherlove we use business as a force for good and are proud to hold the B Corp Certification. By joining the Motherlove Team you will have an opportunity to be part of a sustainable brand’s mission to bring quality organic herbal products to parents and babies at a sensitive time in their life. We take care of our people, we respect Mother Earth, and we nurture the moments that matter – pregnancy, birth, baby, and breastfeeding. Apply today to join our energetic, creative, and motivated team – and you can be part of positive change, too.
How to apply: please submit a cover letter and resume.
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
Classification: Group 2
Summary of Position
The Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the Motherlove marketing team, working under the direction of the Marketing Manager and in collaboration with the marketing and sales teams as well as agency partners. This role’s main objective is to communicate and raise awareness of Motherlove’s mission, values, and quality product line with our retailers, wholesalers, partners, and consumers, ultimately supporting the continued growth of our line domestically and internationally. Key responsibilities include creation of content and marketing collateral, supporting social media, event management, and coordination of our education, outreach, advertising and sampling programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Content Creation & Delivery
• Generate content and write copy to include newsletters, blog posts, press-related copy, website copy, eCommerce site content and optimization, and similar material as assigned.
• Participate in the design of and coordinate the production of ads, brochures, promotional and trade material, and other marketing collateral as needed.
• Assist with creation and delivery of training webinars.
• Coordinate ad design and creation, collaborating with third party agencies as needed on campaigns.
• Manage ad placements, submittals, and payments.
• Assist with tracking and analyzing advertising campaigns, performance, and budget.
Events & Samples
• Coordinate Motherlove’s presence at professional conferences, trade shows, and consumer events.
• Participate in strategic planning, and manage scheduling, tracking, logistics, and post-event assessments.
• Represent Motherlove at events as needed.
• Participate in the planning of and execute Motherlove’s sampling program across a variety of channels.
• Track and assess for ROI on sampling programs.
Marketing Strategy & Platforms
• Assist in the design, administration, analytics/reporting, and optimization of marketing platforms such as the website, newsletters, and social media.
• Assist in tracking competitive activity and formulating strategic responses as a brand.
• Assist in designing, compiling, and analyzing consumer and other stakeholder surveys as well as secondary market research.
Customer Service – as secondary to core customer service team
• Support consumers by providing product and usage information in person and via phone, email, and chat.
• Represent Motherlove professionally and approachably at all consumer touchpoints, including events.
Other Job Responsibilities
• Help with ongoing projects as assigned.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications with 0-2+ years of experience, or 3+ years of relevant experience.
• Exceptional written communication skills with outstanding proofreading and editing capabilities.
• Attention to detail and follow-through as well as the ability to work with the ‘big picture’ in mind.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and social skills; ability to project empathy and inclusiveness.
• Strong project management skills and self-motivation; ability to execute on responsibilities with minimal supervision to deliver assigned projects on time and within budget.
• Practitioner of a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset comfortable with creating, following, and improving processes.
• Understanding and appreciation of the natural products industry and/or consumer packaged goods.
• Proficient in social media platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office platform, Google Docs, Mailchimp or similar, Photoshop, ability to quickly adopt to new technology platforms.
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Pro or similar design tools, Quickbooks, and usage of mobile apps preferred but not required.
• Team player with ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with a high-performance team of co-workers and third-party partners.
• Travel requirement of approximately 5-10%.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• This position is based in a typical office environment, with a quiet-to-moderately loud noise level, with light traffic and typical office disquiet.
• This position requires frequent use of standard office equipment including telephone, computer, and copier.
• Employee will be required to sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to walk or stand for periods of time.
• Required to lift up to 25 lbs on occasion.
• May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints.
Typically, Mondays through Thursdays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Fridays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Some evening and weekend hours may be required for event travel and attendance, and other duties as assigned.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities or qualifications may change at any time with or without notice
Please send post inquiries to Simla Somturk at firstname.lastname@example.org.