Over the last 21 years, Growing Gardens has brought gardening, nutrition education and produce donations to over 162,000 Boulder County residents.
We offer a variety of programs to get people of all ages, backgrounds, income levels, and abilities involved in growing and cooking their own food. These educational opportunities are paired with seed, plant start, and produce donations, as well as gardening space, to impart greater food security and hunger relief in our community.
The Growing Gardens Marketing & Development Manager plays an important role in supporting various aspects of our marketing, events, outreach and development efforts.
Job Title: Marketing & Development Manager
Job Status: Salaried position is an average of 40 hours a week (hours do change seasonally and can go up to 45+ hours before events)
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay: $45,000- $52,000 annually, depending on experience
Benefits: Generous benefits policy (health insurance, PTO and retirement benefits available)
The experience we offer:
● The opportunity to pair your work with your passion and to have a real impact in affecting positive change in our community.
● Professional development opportunities, including the ability to move into a director level position in 3-5 years.
● Supportive organizational culture where you have independence and room be creative.
● The chance to be part of a thriving team culture where successes are celebrated together and coworkers enthusiastically share knowledge and support.
● A beautiful location: our office is on the last urban farm in Boulder, Colorado.
Preferred Weekly Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, weekends and evenings as needed based on events
Preferred Start Date: March 4th, 2020
Qualified applicants will be interviewed immediately until the position is filled.
No phone calls please. Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references with “Marketing & Development Manager Application” in the email subject line to: info@GrowingGardens.org. You are encouraged to also submit any relevant writing, design and work samples along with your application.
Overview of Marketing & Development Manager Responsibilities:
● Manage all Advertising, Communication & PR (including print and digital) to meet Growing Gardens event, class and program participation goals.
● Plan and execute the annual winter appeal; both mail and online campaigns
● Coordinate and enhance corporate sponsorships and individual donor relationships with support of the Executive Director.
● Seasonal support for Growing Gardens community outreach events
● Represent Growing Gardens at community networking events and receptions
● Manage 1 staff member (Farm Chef and Events Coordinator) and seasonal marketing interns
● Provide support to the Farm Chef and Event Coordinator in planning and executing events
○ Plant Sales
○ Farm Gala
○ Community Harvest Festival
○ Barn Rental Events
● Degree in Marketing/ Communications or 3 years marketing experience in both print and digital media
● 1 year experience managing a team
● 1 year experience graphic design in a professional setting or relevant coursework
● Excellent verbal, written and communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly, persuasively and accurately
● Excellent computer skills especially with graphic design programs (latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google docs)
● Excellent understanding of modern marketing tools and technology
● Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to organize and prioritize short and long term tasks and projects in a fast paced environment
● Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a small staff
● Experience in event management, specifically planning and executing fundraising events
● Gardening or farming experience preferred