The national category sales manager is accountable for trade/sales strategy development and evaluation and collaborates with channel sales teams on customer business development opportunities in the fast growing and dynamic natural foods industry. The position will support all segments of the Justin’s brand.
The incumbent works with sales team and marketing to identify and implement revenue management (pricing) and customer business program development opportunities. In addition, the national category sales manager evaluates trade strategy and DSMP (distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing) performance for each channel and establishes trade strategy, DSMPs, and spending guiderails for new business segments/brands.
• Has a well-rounded background in sales and sales/category analytics to provide field sales and customers fact-based, analytically drive business opportunities and recommendations in this fast growing segment.
• Develops and supports implementation of customer program development projects for field sales and marketing that grows net sales by increasing gross revenue or reducing trade.
• Evaluates a variety of syndicated data, customer shopper, POS, and internal data to develop, track, and analyze merchandising and pricing (DSMP) objectives to achieve net sales and goals.
• Provides field sales and brand team with every day and promoted revenue management insights and recommendations leveraging price elasticity principles and models, and syndicated data, to grow net revenue and gross margin.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• 3-4 years’ sales and analytics experience.
• Regional or national trade management CPG experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Highly developed project management skills.
• A pattern of initiative and be able to work independently.
• Strong persuasive skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Experience across multiple sales channels
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration