Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Company: Good Karma Foods
Location: Boulder, CO
Good Karma FlaxMilk, the first flax based non-dairy milk, was launched by Good Karma Foods (newly relocated to Boulder, CO) in early 2012 (www.GoodKarmaFoods.com). The products are highly differentiated in the dairy alternative beverage space with a unique nutritional profile and neutral taste. Good Karma FlaxMilk is a delicious, high-quality non-dairy beverage with multiple “hot” reasons to purchase – substantial presence of Omega 3’s (1200mg per serving), low in calories, sugars and carbs plus fortified with pea protein in the +Protein SKU offerings. These all-natural products are vegan, non-GMO and free of all major allergens. With strong revenue growth and a solid distribution footprint in the natural channel, the Company is poised to further accelerate growth within the current portfolio and innovation based on a substantial investment from 2x Consumer Products Growth Partners (a leader in growth capital for emerging branded CPG businesses; see www.2xpartners.com). Plus, this candidate will join a seasoned, industry leadership team with a track record of growth in the natural products industry and assist in building out a high performance sales organization.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Operations Coordinator is a key operations position supporting the innovation commercialization process coordinating with GK team members, suppliers, warehouses and co-packers. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining all GK certifications and product specifications. As a member of the operations team, this position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop project plan identifying all tasks, timelines and assignments.
• Monitor and track assigned project timelines assuring all tasks are on schedule. Follow up with team members to meet scheduled deadlines and deliverables. Provide regular updates to upper management and status reports at regular team meetings.
• Assist in completing project tasks as needed.
• Manage risks and issues and take appropriate corrective action.
• Liaison in the innovation commercialization process working closely with GK team members, suppliers and co-packers to achieve on time successful new product launches.
• Prepare budgets and COGS analysis for projects.
• Maintain non-GMO and Kosher certification status for new and existing products.
• Obtain and maintain Vegan certification for all GK products.
• Prepare product specifications for new products for appropriate copackers. Maintain updates to all product specifications as required.
• Maintain Trader Joe’s web portal which includes maintaining product specifications, vendor scorecards and any request for documentation.
• Ad Hoc and special projects as assigned.
• Support Director of Operations and Ops Team as required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in operations or project planning.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in project execution.
• Key characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator, self-motivated, and excellent time management skills.
• Candidate must be a proficient user in EXCEL, POWERPOINT, WORD, and OUTLOOK
• Bachelor’s degree; business or operations majors preferred.
• Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
• Positive and enthusiastic.
• Previous CPG experience preferred.
Qualified candidates, please feel free to send resume to LaNita Anders at LaNitaA@goodkarmafoods.com