Join our team to grow the company and spread the goodness…
At Teatulia Organic Teas we are committed to using business as a force for good.
This lofty mission inspires us to craft the cleanest, best tasting organic tea available, from our own tea garden in Bangladesh and qualified like-minded tea and herb growers worldwide. As a small company with ambitious goals, we are collaborative and results-driven. We believe in teamwork, entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, enthusiastic urgency, curiosity, accountability, and integrity. Simultaneously, our team lives a work/life-balance mantra.
Teatulia sells its award-winning hot and ready-to-drink teas in foodservice venues, grocery and natural grocery retailers, e-Commerce and D2C, as well as in bulk as ingredients for a variety of beverage companies throughout the US. We are pursuing aggressive growth over the next 5 years, expanding our business in the current verticals with our current lineup and new products.
In addition to award-winning taste and quality, Teatulia is 100% organic, fair trade and rainforest alliance-certified. We are a public benefit corporation and B Corp certified, and an industry thought leader on responsible business practices.
The company offices virtually with quarterly in-person meetings.
The Operations Director reports directly to the CEO, leads a team of three, and participates in Teatulia’s Leadership Team.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Manage inputs (packaging, raw material, etc) and finished tea inventory levels to meet forecasted demand, while maximizing customer service levels and inventory turns.
• Source teas and herbs from domestic and international producers. Includes contract negotiation and management
• Manage Quality Control of finished goods and components
• Maintain certifications, such as USDA Organic, Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance
• Assist with Bulk Sales (as needed) procuring samples and arranging logistics
• Lead operational and developmental aspects of new product development
• Manage with CS, Logisitcs, and production planning toward optimal third-party logistics network to maximize efficiency and pricing while minimizing environmental impact
Expected Areas of Competence
• Exceptional communication skills and a cross-functional team orientation
• Outstanding leadership skills
• Strong understanding of Supply Chain and business processes including demand planning, distribution, finance, and sales
• Inventory management, processes, and functions
• Very strong analytical skills and mastery of excel at a high level
• Production planning
• Quick Books (Enterprise edition) experience
• Project/Program Management
• High level problem solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and identify creative solutions to complex problems
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
Education/ Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field and 5 + years of Supply Chain Management and purchasing experience in a consumer packaged goods company
• Successful experience managing sourcing, quality and regulatory environment
• Cross-functional collaboration experience
• Some domestic and occasional international travel required
Compensation range: $90-$110K base, $4K bonus
• Unlimited PTO, mandatory quarterly ‘mental health’ days; every other Friday off during summer
• Full Health Insurance with company match 50%
• 401K with company match
To apply: Please submit cover letter plus resume to email@example.com
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V
More About Teatulia Organic Teas:
Teatulia sources its teas and herbs directly from its own USDA-certified organic garden in Northern Bangladesh and other like-minded gardens. The teas are cultivated using only natural farming methods, and garden-direct sourcing full control over the supply chain and the quality of the product. This results in great-tasting teas that are better for the land, its people, and the environment. Started in 2000 to give back to the local community, the Teatulia Gardens were established as an enterprise that would provide a living wage and the opportunity to build wealth, while protecting and strengthening the environment. Teatulia is mindful of how its actions impact worldwide communities; we actively support ethical organizations like the Rainforest Alliance, and are proud to be one of Colorado’s first B Corporations. For more information, visit www.teatulia.com