The Seaweed Bath Co. is seeking a dynamic Operations Leader / Director of Operations to help us effectively scale our rapidly growing business.
Founded in 2010, The Seaweed Bath Co. is devoted to transforming the skin and hair care ritual by providing nutrient-rich, performance-optimized personal care, hair care and face care formulas that offer visible results, as well a unique ocean-inspired sensory experience. This is achieved by harnessing the powerful benefits of seaweed. The Seaweed Bath Co. sustainably hand-harvests certified organic seaweed off the coast of Maine, which is used in its proven, effective formulas to naturally detoxify, replenish, and protect your skin and hair. Today, The Seaweed Bath Co. can be found at Target, Whole Foods, Amazon and a wide variety of retailers nationwide. The company is PE-backed and well capitalized, undergoing rapid growth.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
This position is the key operations leader for the company and is accountable for directing and managing all supply chain activities. As a member of the leadership team, this position requires a highly-motivated individual with strong professional operations skills and acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have strong track record of success in building emerging companies, ability to work in a team environment, and passion for driving continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly lead and manage all aspects of company’s supply chain: contract manufacturing, distribution and warehouse logistics, procurement, quality, regulatory compliance, external certifiers, and customer service/order fulfillment.
• Develop and direct the management of production operations to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled complete, accurately and on time.
• Ensure company and co-packers are operating in compliance with all customer, product certification (i.e. organic) and government requirements.
• Develop, manage and optimize inventory levels in all locations through improved planning processes and inventory management systems.
• Oversee purchasing function and vendor negotiations to ensure the quality and cost effectiveness of all packaging, ingredients and finished products.
• Develop and manage operational KPIs.
• Establish a business partnership with the CEO by providing value-added advice in support of Company goals.
• 10 or more years of experience in various operations functions including prior experience with BOTH big company and entrepreneurial companies (e.g. revenue under $20 million), some CPG experience required.
• Possess key functional expertise across manufacturing, customer service and logistics, quality and regulatory, including direct management of contract manufacturers.
• Prior experience building teams and systems to support aggressive business growth especially in CPG.
• Strong experience developing demand planning/forecasting and inventory management systems.
• Key leadership characteristics: detail-oriented, integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator, player/coach mentality with ability to roll up his/her sleeves.