Order Services Specialist
Based in Boulder, CO, “I and love and you” is a premium brand of natural pet care for dogs and cats. Launched in 2012, “I and love and you” offers a complete line of natural pet food and treats. Our premium pet food is sold and distributed across the country in natural and conventional grocery stores as well as online retailers. In 2017, “I and love and you” received a significant growth capital investment from a leading private equity firm to fuel rapid growth. As such, “I and love and you” has ambitious plans to scale our brand and grow the company. We know our name is unconventional. But for us, our name symbolizes the incredible bond between a human and a pet. “I and love and you” promises to be good to pets and the planet.
We are looking for a team-oriented individual who can manage customer service and order processing for the entire corporation. This person will be responsible for communication with our wholesaler and retail partners, receiving and processing orders and for invoicing customer for orders shipped. This person will also manage the electronic data interchange (EDI) with our customers and our third party warehouse. In addition, this person will also be responsible for reporting and metrics, such as on-time deliveries, fill rates, and various other measures that drive the business.
• Customer Service
o Provide high level of customer service to “I and Love and You” wholesale and retail partners through email and phone.
o Maintain effective communication with Sales team to ensure customer issues/challenges are handled in a proper and timely manner.
o Manage EDI interface between “I and Love and You” and all customers and our third party warehouse.
• Order Processing and invoicing
o Receive orders from customers and enter them in the ERP system either manually or through EDI.
o Check for order accuracy and report back to customers as needed.
o Transmit orders to third party warehouse and ensure proper and timely delivery of product.
o Invoice customers for goods received.
• New Customer Setup and maintenance
o Set up new customers in the ERP system and assure consistent process is followed.
o Maintain customer information in ERP system.
o Work with sales and finance to assure proper pricing and discounts.
o Work with Finance and accounting to assure proper invoicing.
• Metrics reporting
o Reporting of all Operations metrics, including on-time measures, fill rates, freight costs, etc.
o Track all information and prepare reports for management on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Allocation of scarce inventory
o In the event of inventory scarcity, allocate inventory by priority of customer.
o Manage and allocate inventory based on expiration date.
• Continuous improvement and cost reduction
o Improve and streamline all processes related to the position that will enable us to scale the business effectively.
o Support cost of goods plans by relentlessly driving out cost in the total supply chain by optimizing costs.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline field.
• 2+ years’ experience in customer service or similar experience.
• Must have demonstrated strong communication skills and dealing with internal/external customers.
• Experience working with ERP systems like NetSuite, Quick Books, SAP, etc.
• Strong computer skills and must be proficient in Excel and capable of tracking and reporting data through charts and graphs.
• Person should be able to work well in a highly dynamic group setting and take direction from multiple people.
Required Skills and Abilities, and Personal Attributes
• This person must possess the highest levels of integrity and character with a limitless amount of energy and creativity.
• A strong desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
• Team oriented, collegial, and collaborative traits a must.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have ability to listen to customers’ needs and quickly develop a plan to address and resolve problems.
• Detail-oriented and a willingness to perform the administrative aspects of the position.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, aggressive, collaborative and challenging startup environment.
• Position reports to the Supply Chain Manager
• “I and love and you” is a casual environment where dogs are always welcome.
• Position is located in Boulder, CO.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Brett Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get in touch with you if we would like to set up an interview.