Position Title: Procurement & Certifications Specialist
Reports to: Director of Operations
About the Company:
Third Street is a natural beverage manufacturer in Louisville Colorado. Our lines of Ready-to-Drink Iced Teas and Chai Concentrates are available nationwide in Whole Foods and other natural retailers. We brew our products in small batches in our production facility in Louisville and have committed to sourcing better ingredients to create premium products. We are currently searching for a Procurement and Certifications Specialist to join our growing operations team! This position will be vital to upholding our commitments by managing our certifications compliance and ingredient sourcing.
The Procurement and Certifications Specialist will be the lead for purchasing raw materials and packaging for production at the Third Street production plant and several co-packers located throughout the country. They will also be the single point of contact for certification compliance for Cooper Tea Company and Third Street. This position will liaison with every department within the company and requires a high level of communication and organization skills.
• Review and process purchasing requisitions and purchase orders.
• Purchase and schedule delivery of raw materials and components with item availability to support the production plans.
• Interface with R&D and production on new ingredient sourcing.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance department to ensure vendor compliance with company food safety requirements.
• Source items from appropriate vendors and negotiate with vendors to agree on best possible price for raw materials and packaging components; build and maintain positive supplier relationships.
• Maintain data information reports including material cost lists, freight quotes, and historical purchasing trends.
• Coordinate material shipments via third-party logistics providers.
• Responsible for cost accuracy on purchase orders, and reconciliation of invoice discrepancies.
• Responsible for converting production schedule to Materials Requirements Plans (MRP)
• Review and reconcile receiving and other inventory related documentation.
• Prepare purchasing requests for quotes and proposals
• Initiate MRO purchases when necessary
• Participate in selection of appropriate suppliers for new product development.
• Partner with Accounting, copackers and production on month end inventory reconciliation.
• Verify and maintain Bill of Material (BOM) files for production and planning purposes.
• Maintain certification records and documentation for various product certifying agencies: Fair Trade, Gluten-Free, Halal, Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and problem solving capability.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• ERP experience preferred.
Experience & Education required:
• Three (3) or more years of experience directly related to purchasing and supply chain functions
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent related experience
• Experience in beverage or food manufacturing environments a plus.
To Apply: Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know how you heard about this job opening!