Formulation Development Scientist
After having two energetic boys, Carolyn Harrington finally got her little baby girl, Maty. She was ecstatic! But that feeling faded quickly and turned to fear when she found out Maty was born with major heart defects that required Maty to endure three heart surgeries before the age of 5 and left her with a weakened immune system.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, Carolyn was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis just after Maty was born. Facing these challenges, Carolyn became frustrated with modern medicine. Little did she know that this frustration would be the catalyst for her inspiration. She began researching natural ways of healing. What started with a mission to keep her friends and family healthy through natural healing became what is now known as Maty’s Healthy Products.
Maty’s is focused on providing pure, all natural, and organic alternatives to traditional medication. When a shopper picks up a Maty’s product, she can smile because she recognizes every ingredient and doesn’t see a long list of scary side effects.
Join our movement and rethink your medicine cabinet with Maty’s whole food health alternatives!
The Formulation Development Scientist will support Product Development initiatives for the Maty’s business through work on new product development, assessing technical risks and compliance, and identification of 3rd party development cooperation partners. Additionally, in this role, you will oversee development work at external manufacturing sites and assemble the required technical documentation and product manuals to fulfill regulatory documentation/registration requirements. Importantly, in this role, you will be accountable for planning, executing and leading scientific projects required to develop or improve Maty’s products, and/or processes.
As needed, you will also partner with the Product Supply team in the areas of new product manufacturing implementation, technical risk assessment, compliance, technology review, trouble shooting and cost-reduction.
Maty’s is the leading brand in launching certified organic, food-based solutions into cough/cold and baby products categories. Experience with natural and organic products is a big plus for this role.
• Plans and executes product or technology development projects within Maty’s contract manufacturing network. Works in a hand-in-hand with internal and external partners.
• Acts as a consultant to manufacturing and formulation development leaders by assisting in their planning process, reviewing possible solutions and presenting recommendations for actions to build-in technical success factors into new products and to provide best possible production support.
• Works with manufacturing and formulation personnel to determine how market innovations can be implemented in Manufacturing.
• Coordinates the technical introduction of new products and transfer of existing products into contract manufacturing sites, organizes scale-up activities for already marketed products, assesses Process Validations and Technical Reviews.
• Manages the technical aspects of raw and packaging material activities and reviews raw materials and process changes for Maty’s products.
• Makes recommendations to marketing group based on changing technology and potential opportunities to improve value to our customers and consumers.
• Audits and reviews production processes and manufacturing locations with regard to manufacturing aspects and cost efficiency. Gain knowledge, detect areas for improvement, propose and implement changes, to gain and maintain technical know-how leadership. Defines required compliance measurements and supports quality assurance activities.
• Assure that applicable requirements from cGMPs are implemented into procedures in partnership with Supply Chain team.
• Effectively communicates, explains, and recommends to colleagues and management the results of designs, studies, and/or projects in terms of new techniques or approaches for introducing and troubleshooting technologies.
• Solves technical problems by application of knowledge and creative thinking, which leads to simple, cost effective and regulatory compliant solutions.
• Develops creative, novel, practical processes/programs leading to implementation of new products or technologies which supports the business goals of the organization.
• Initiates, reviews and approves qualification and validation strategies for raw materials, formulas, manufacturing processes and their changes.
• Control and executes technical milestones according to project timelines, e.g. to support product launches on time.
• B.S. with 5+ years of progressive technical/scientific experience required; or MS with 2+ years of progressive technical/scientific experience
• Broad knowledge extending beyond own academic background and area of assignment.
• Experience in Food Science and/or Dietary Supplement formulation is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the scientific aspects of company’s activities and apply that knowledge to the company’s goals.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and work under guidance in a changing environment.
• Ability to manage regulatory agencies and expectations related to product related technical issues.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Flexible Paid Time Off
• Summer hours
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Fun, startup-like work environment
Please send post inquiries to Kyle Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org.