Reports To: Director of Operations
Back-up: Director of Operations & Production Line Lead/Mechanic
Third Street Inc, a chai and iced tea manufacturer located in beautiful Louisville Colorado is hiring a Production Manager to oversee the production activities of our small-batch manufacturing plant. This role will oversee all aspects of the brewing and batching process and liaise with multiple departments to ensure Third Street produced a delicious, safe and high quality product.
• Daily, independent on-the-floor supervision of the manufacturing team to ensure production demands and all regulatory/policy requirements are met
o 70%+ floor presence, with the ability to fill in on production line (running the line and brewing batches) as needed; leads by example
o Schedule appropriate production labor and staffing in the plant (both internal employees and temporary labor) balancing production line needs and cost efficiencies
o Performance management and development of staff, including conducting employee reviews, vacation & sick time requests and overtime management.
o Manage in-house brewing and packaging line operations following specifications and procedures, and work proactively to establish new documented procedures
o Manage production line changeovers, cleaning and sanitation program to coincide with production schedule
• Act as safety manager for the team
• Implement and supervise scheduling of production machine maintenance
• Recommend & implement line improvements and equipment investments
• Participate in blend development – evaluating feasibility of new products & packaging
• Interact with other departments to arrange the production schedule, providing expertise on maintaining production efficiencies while meeting customer requirements
• Coordinate receiving of material transfers from external warehouse, post transfers in accounting system
• Liaison with purchasing on deliveries and warehouse supply requirements.
• Fill in for other positions as necessary
• Support the execution and implementation of Food Safety Certifications and Programs
• Championing quality in manufacturing; ensuring that all quality testing is properly performed and recorded; participating in product approval tasting
• Maintain records in accordance with FDA requirements and company policies, including (but not limited to): daily production entries in Sage100 ERP software, batch records, pick sheets, sanitation programs, monthly inventories, receiving reconciliations, etc.
• Create and maintain recipe, brewing & packaging procedure documentation
• 3-5 years leadership experience in a production environment
• Previous experience in bottling & brewing (experience with running/maintaining bottling line equipment is highly desired)
o Brewing/blending/processing experience is also desired.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and proven success in leading equipment/engineering solutions; hands-on ability to facilitate repair of breakdowns and source needed parts
• High school completion required; college and/or trade school preferred (equivalent experience may be substituted)
• Solid verbal and written communications skills
• Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
• Superb organization skills
• Must have ability to multi-task and support several people at the same time
• Must be able to work both independently and as a team
• Proficiency in Spanish desired
• Must be able to receive forklift certification
• Health & Dental Insurance, 401k, paid vacation and sick time
• Salary commensurate on experience – $55,000 – $60,000 annually
Please send applications and resumes to Jim Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org.