Lily’s Sweets is a no sugar added chocolate for baking and snacking. We source Non-GMO and gluten-free ingredients harvested through Fair Trade practices, and ensure every product is botanically sweetened—meaning no refined or processed sugars. The outcome? A chocolate with no added sugar that’s filled to the brim with pure deliciousness.
With a mix of industry leaders, wellness professionals, entrepreneurs and, of course, chocolate lovers, our team believes in what we do, what we make and why it matters. We’re dedicated to spreading the Lily’s passion for deliciousness and wholesomeness one bar and baking chip at a time.
Located in Boulder, CO, Lily’s Sweets is looking for a strategic, enthusiastic, and analytical Senior Brand Manager to drive growth for Lily’s Sweets. We are looking for someone to join our team who shares our values: Exceed Expectations, Embrace Change, Assume the Best, Take the High Road and Win Together.
The person chosen for this role will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interactions and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
Working with the SVP of Marketing and Innovation, the Senior Brand Manager for Lily’s is accountable for leading the process to develop the product, packaging, positioning, and consumer programs that align with Lily’s mission and core values. Additionally, the Senior Brand Manager collaborates across the organization to drive execution of the plan, including Sales, Finance and Operations.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Develops and implements brand strategy, consumer segmentation, targeting and positioning of brand and brand architecture.
• Ensures appropriate qualitative and quantitative research is conducted to ensure overall brand success and brand growth.
• Works with agencies in the creative development process and execution of all national, and local advertising campaigns.
• Continuously monitors business and brand health performance using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
• Works with the Business Analytics and Finance teams to measure and analyze sales impact and the profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures.
• Works with Digital and Social Marketing, E-Commerce and Media Planning teams in developing and evaluating digital, e-commerce and media plans and initiatives, both on national and regional/local levels.
• Works with Shopper Marketing and the Promotional and Trade Marketing team in directing the development of all national and local consumer promotion programming at retail – setting vision, providing direction and evaluating options. Directs the development of Point-Of-Sale Programs as well as any premium and/or ancillary brand identified programs and materials.
• Assists with establishing brand pricing strategies and analysis to monitor all pricing and price promotion levels and activities.
• Identifies incremental opportunities with packaging and new-product initiatives.
• Directs and manages three-year innovation pipeline including active projects and building out pipeline of new initiatives. Creates strong selling story for new items in conjunction with sales team.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Be a genuine Lily’s Sweets ambassador, who exemplifies our values in all communications and interactions.
• Understand brand strategy – consumer segmentation, consumer targeting, brand positioning and brand architecture.
• Develop business plans that will strengthen brand position in each consumer segment and market, to identify risks and take advantage of opportunities in new markets. This requires both broad and deep understanding of target consumers and development of product and visual concepts that will attract and convert them to our products.
• Create vision in an emerging, dynamic and fast-paced category that positions our brand for continued market leadership identifying risks and opportunities as the category grows and new users enter.
• Possess strong P&L management skills, which are critical to navigating the complexities of changing input costs, a complex supply chain, and increased competition for shelf space.
• Provide clear, succinct and relevant written and verbal communication and have strong persuasion skills to gain alignment where needed.
• Ability to identify and champion new business and brand building ideas. Committed to continuous innovation.
• Possess and demonstrate excellent strategic capabilities, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Provide inspiring leadership to both the Marketing team and multiple cross-functional team members and pull the teams together to manage priorities and deliver on goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, conflict resolution and influence management skills.
• Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A degree in business with an emphasis in marketing required.
• MBA, with marketing emphasis, is preferred.
• 5-8 years of traditional brand management experience within the CPG industry
If interested in this great opportunity, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com