Aussie culture. Colorado fresh. Meet noosa, maker of premium yoghurt and the newest company to join the Sovos Brands portfolio. We are currently seeking a Senior Food Scientist to join our R&D team at noosa’s beautiful production facility in Bellvue CO, just north of Fort Collins, Colorado. The Food Scientist will use their knowledge, skills and abilities to develop new products and reformulate our current flavors.
The ideal Senior Food Scientist has a very flexible working style, loves to be hands-on, is able to handle change on the fly, brings a positive attitude and energy to projects, and has the maturity to establish excellent working relationships with internal cross functional teams and external vendors/suppliers.
Sovos Brands is a new kind of food and beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today’s consumers simple, great-tasting food that fits the way they live. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Michael Angelo’s, a leading producer of premium, authentic frozen Italian entrées; Rao’s Homemade, a producer of super premium pasta sauces and other Italian specialty foods; and noosa yoghurt, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey.
Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms.
Find out more about Sovos at www.sovosbrands.com, Michael Angelo’s at www.michaelangelos.com, noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com, and Rao’s Homemade at www.raos.com.
We don’t have a mission statement as those are well intentioned, but often end up being meaningless.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
• Lead with courage and tenacity
• Focus on quality
• Obsess with the front line
• Communicate with candor and respect
• Enjoy the ride
• Be nimble
What you’ll do?
• Work with cross-functional teams in the development of new product formulations and/or reformulations of existing products, including commercialization.
• Bench top develop new products given basic guidelines, goals and objectives.
• Manage a portfolio of assigned product development projects through the various stages of the product development life cycle.
• Lead nutritional labeling and ingredient statements, product specifications and processing/production procedures.
• Facilitate product development by working with vendors/suppliers as well as marketing, quality and production.
• Lead sourcing of ingredients.
• Draft product specifications and establish production parameters and processing procedures.
• Confirm that products will meet code by conducting shelf life testing for new product formulations.
What Education and Experience do you bring?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field required. Culinary school with required experience may substitute.
• At least 7 years of experience in a Food Technologist/Technician or Scientist role.
• At least 1 year Culinary and Dairy experience is a strong preference.
• Demonstrated experience in product development and formulation from concept to completion.
What Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities do you bring?
• Working knowledge of sensory testing.
• Solid knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations, required
• Developed palette for tasting and refined culinary knowledge.
• Knowledge of food safety, HACCP and quality regulations and programs.
• Ability to travel, as needed, to support product development activities.
• Creative ability and enjoys exploration of new foods and flavors.
What can you expect from us (Our Benefits)?
An excellent work environment and a very lively and supportive company culture. Besides that, we offer a competitive total compensation package and complete benefit program, including 401k plan with company match. We also provide you the opportunity to balance your professional and personal lives with Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday, Paid Volunteer Time, Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement program and an Employee Assistance program.
Are you the Senior Food Scientist we are looking for?
Apply now by sending your CV and a brief motivation via the ‘Apply’ button.
We look forward to getting to know you!
We maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify.
Sovos brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.