ABOUT NATURAL HABITATS:
Natural Habitats Americas is a company fully committed to the sustainable production of organic and fairly traded organic palm oil. Natural Habitats products are cultivated using only 100% organic practices by small farmers and owned plantations in South America and add organic credibility to food, personal care, and animal nutrition products. Using a vertically integrated supply chain, Natural Habitats supports the communities in which it operates through organic farming practices and environmental preservation, and provides education, healthcare, and social support to equitably improve quality of life for all stakeholders, from Farm to Fork.
PALM DONE RIGHT:
Palm Done Right is: 100% Organic, Deforestation Free, Wildlife Friendly and Fair & Social. The Palm Done Right movement brings together brand manufacturers, retailers, and consumers to increase awareness around the environmental and social benefits of palm grown right. An increasing number of brands are using Palm Done Right as the alternative to conventional palm oil for their products. A growing number of retailers are joining the Palm Done Right program to help change the conversation around palm oil and stimulate the uptake of organic and sustainable palm oil.
Natural Habitats relate its success directly to the strength of our management team. Reporting to the President – North America, the Senior Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing operations in the US and ensuring efficiency.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE:
• Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement of business and operation.
• Liaise with different third parties essential to the business operations.
• Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
• Promote the company in industry conferences for continual growth and development of network in support of the President and Sales.
• Promote operational excellence.
• Serves as the liaison between other subsidiaries/partners in South America, Europe and Asia.
• Responsible for overseeing operational systems, processes and policies in support of Sales, Certifications, Finance and HR.
• Responsible for short-term and long-term planning, drive initiatives throughout the US team and in the organization that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between departments through communication with Directors.
• Oversee day-to-day operations and help trouble shoot any issues that may require immediate intervention and solutions.
• Develop and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans.
• Review and enforce all policies, procedures, standards, processes, guidelines and company principles.
• Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and collaborate with the President – North America and Group HR Director for resolutions.
• Evaluate key investments in office, equipment and infrastructure.
• Ensures all safety policies and procedures are implemented to support a safe working environment for all employees.
• Facilitate and lead US team meetings.
• Manage and facilitate the set-up of the POEC (Palm Oil Experience Center).
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Proven experience in a managerial role and strong decision-making capabilities.
• Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain budget and financial plans.
• Ability to motivate and lead people and hold employees accountable.
• Strong knowledge in process improvements.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business Management.
• 5 + years’ experience in operation management.
• 5 + years’ experience in a leadership role.
• Experience in Budget, Estimates and Financial Planning/Forecasting.
• Preferably bilingual (English and Spanish); not necessarily a requirement.
• Knowledge of salesforce or any other ERP system.
• Preferably residing in greater Denver area.
DETAILS AND BENEFITS:
• Boulder based; 40 hours per week
• Salary Range: $95,000 – $105,000
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid time-off: vacation, holiday, sick, and volunteer
• Company 401k contributions
• Family and medical leave
• Professional development and growth opportunities
• Bonus eligible
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org