Sr. Accountant Job description
About LITTLE SECRETS
Little Secrets Chocolates was founded in 2015 with the mission to create the next iconic chocolate brand. We are passionate about making mind blowingly delicious natural chocolate without artificial favors or ingredients. We are sold in over 5,000 locations and launched in Whole Foods nationwide in 2018 and continuing to see significant expansion each year. This is a tremendous opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an experienced team and private equity capital backed start-up.
If you are passionate about building brands and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success– we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a hands-on Sr Accountant/Assistant Controller to partner with our CFO to lead the accounting and finance functions. This position requires strong accounting skills and experience, and is responsible for maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with GAAP, so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position, as well as preparing more complex financial reports and analytics to support management financial decisions. Specifically, it includes but not limited to management of cash, GL, A/R, A/P, revenue recognition, month-end close, payroll supervision, assisting CFO with budgeting and reporting, working with auditors.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L and cashflow, performs/review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations.
- Holds monthly Budget vs Actual meetings with Sales and Marketing, analyzes trends and variances.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany, debt, payroll, corporate credit card, expense reports and other general ledger accounts by gathering and balancing information for all divisions.
- Oversees and maintains chart of account (including but not limited to journal entries, reconciliations, coding invoices).
- Trade and deductions management – manage deductions and trade accruals, work with the sales team to forecast and accurately report trade.
- Performs cost analysis for product lines, margin analysis for products, customers and channel, and any other necessary analysis. Identifies cost savings and margin improvement opportunities to continuously drive margin improvement initiatives
- Be knowledgeable on internal controls and actively support the control environment and processes of the company.
- In partnership with the CFO, leads companies annual audit process, works closely with auditors and outside tax preparation.
- Develops a strong partnership with sales, operations and marketing team, identifying cost-saving opportunities to drive improvements in unit economics.
- Partners up with Operations to manage and reconcile inventory
- Ensuring proper operation of accounting software systems and enhancements
- Quick Books experience is a must; CPG experience strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Details oriented, focused on results. Process improvement oriented
- Outstanding business, finance, and accounting acumen.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, ability to work collaboratively within the team and across different functions. Ability to influence.
- Passion for building brands and being a brand advocate even outside of the office.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- Strong technical accounting background, auditor experience or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience at a venture-funded startup and/or larger company.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $70-80K depending on experience, 10% annual bonus, equity ownership. Additionally, as a full-time this position qualifies for the Little Secrets benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid sick and unlimited vacation time-off.