Quinoa Corporation, via our Ancient Harvest brand, is a super-nutrition natural food company. Our mission is to return clean nutrition to American diets by replacing shallow grains—those with little nutritional value— with Ancient Greats—nutritionally dense, plant-based ingredients that have been consumed for millennia. The current protein-centric and plant-based food trends present almost unlimited opportunity.
We have a well-established category leading brand with a strong market position in blue chip retailers. With our recently launched POW! Protein Pasta sub brand and our new microwavable heat-and-eat quinoas, we continue our tradition of improving the nutritional profile of traditional categories without sacrificing great taste – all while offering convenience for today’s busy consumers.
Ancient Harvest is owned by Encore Consumer Capital (http://encoreconsumercapital.com), a leading consumer products-focused private equity firm with a successful track record of building, growing, and creating outstanding value with the companies it owns.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting team in the greater Boulder/North Denver area. No relocation is provided. This position will ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions while assisting the VP of Finance in oversight with the team to ensure proper controls are in place and adherence to GAAP regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full cycle accounting (AP, AR, payroll, and GL)
• Perform key month-end close activities
• Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts monthly
• Prepare monthly accrual entries for all assigned operating expenses
• Oversee customer trade spend/deductions management
• Prepare monthly accruals of customer trade spend and liabilities
• Research and verify vendor statements and invoices for discrepancies, matches invoices to receiving documents
• Review the financial statements for accuracy during month-end close
• Prepare daily cash report
• Assist with the annual budget and reforecast process, as assigned
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements
• Assist with the annual financial statement audit and corporate income tax returns
• Assist with other projects as needed
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of Accounting experience
• Bachelors Degree preferred
• CPG/food experience
• Knowledge of ERP software(s)
• Strong computer skills including in depth knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
• Must have strong work ethic
• Proactive and team player
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Strong problem-solving skills
Send a cover letter and resume with “Staff Accountant” in the Subject line to HR (@) ancientharvest (.) com