Informa Market’s Health & Nutrition New Hope Network (NHN) is seeking a Standards Specialist to work in our Boulder, CO office. This is an excellent opportunity to work in the hemp arena of the organic and natural food and dietary supplement industry. Enjoy a dog friendly office, onsite fitness center and experience collaborating with an innovative, passionate group of employees!
The HEMP Standards Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective compliance program for the NHN Hemp Portal/Directory and assist with all things hemp related for NHN events, publications, digital portfolio and websites as well as the SupplySide (SS) events, paid media and digital portfolio. This also includes participating in industry standards development, establishing compliance strategies, and attending the events.
– Support the Standards team with in-house compliance services that help educate clients about how to comply with the company standards and relevant laws and regulations.
– Continuously assess application/collection/review processes for improvement, effectiveness, and efficiency.
– Resolve compliance difficulties as they occur or in the most-timely manner.
– Advise and Educate NHN clients on the applicable rules and controls.
– Enforce the Standards and Compliance Program criteria.
– Review Hemp Resource Center participant labeling/digital content for compliance with company standards and all applicable U.S. federal regulations.
– Assist clients in establishing permissible wording and accuracy of information in labeling, promotional and educational materials.
– Evaluate scientific research for adequate substantiation of claims.
– Stay current with industry developments, innovations, and challenges as well as federal regulations regarding Hemp/CBD containing dietary supplements, food/beverages, cosmetics, pet products, medical devices, organic, household products (cleansers, detergents, soaps), etc.
– Use company database regarding Standards Department recordkeeping and correspondence for non-compliance issues.
– Maintain current records on all clients with regards to past and current compliance issues.
– Assist in implementing, maintaining and enforcing the requirements for Hemp Resource Center participants to also engage at NHN / SS tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
– Work independently and as a team player, developing and coordinating projects with the event directors, sales, content, sponsorship, marketing, operations and customer service teams to consistently enforce compliance with the Standards and Compliance programs.
– Travel, as required, to all NHN and SS national and international tradeshows and conferences.
– Attend regulatory, scientific seminars and conferences for continued education.
– Promote quality and integrity in the workplace and within the hemp, organic and natural products industry.
– Work with industry manufacturers, distributors, brokers and retailers to ensure the safety of products and accuracy of information.
– Develop and maintain industry liaisons with trade associations, governmental legislative organizations, and other groups (e.g. Naturally Boulder, National Hemp Assoc., HIA, U.S. Authority, UNPA, AHOA, CRN, NSF, etc.) in a joint effort to align consistent hemp industry standards.
– Develop and maintain government contacts including: FDA, USDA NOP and FTC.
– Participate in the collection and review of labeling, marketing and educational materials for current Hemp Resource Center clients and new ones seeking to participate.
– Objectively evaluate materials based upon the company standards and federal regulations.
– Enforce standards consistently and correspond with exhibitors (education, citations, substantiation).
– Collaborate with Standards team to establish and maintain consistency.
– Assist with evolving company hemp policy as the legislative landscape for hemp also evolves.
– Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree or equivalent education required.
– 2 years’ professional experience in hemp products industry required.
– Awareness/Working knowledge of the Federal Trade Commission Act, the Food Drug and Cosmetics Act, the Dietary Supplement & Health Education Act, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Organic Program.
– Familiarity with the information requirements and allowable claims for food/supplement labels and some knowledge of common food/supplement ingredients.
– Familiarity with online database systems (SalesForce, AtoZ, Excel, etc.)
– Resourceful and familiar with locating specific information on federal regulator and third party certification websites.
– Ability to adequately comprehend/extrapolate the scientific research of hemp/cannabinoid-containing products including foods/beverages, supplements, cosmetics, medical devices, pet products, and the other ingredients that are in these products.
– Ability to work effectively and efficiently under deadline pressures.
– Manage follow up tasks to completion in a timely manner.
– Expertise in the areas of communication, customer service, collaboration and research.
– Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
– Must be confident and tactful, able to resolve problems and handle conflict constructively and to make effective decisions under pressure.
– Passionate about the Hemp, Organic and Natural Products Industry.
– Effective Writing / Communication
– Politely Assertive in saying “no”
– Research review and Comprehension
– Excellent Consistent organizational skills
– Interpersonal and problem solving skills
What we offer:
– Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
– 401K and Matching
– Employee Stock Purchase Plan
– Generous PTO policy
– Employee Discount Program
– Dog Friendly Office!
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
Please send posting inquiries to Josh Ordonez at email@example.com.