The Territory Sales Manager position is responsible for increasing the market share of the brands we represent by developing and maintaining relationships with key retailers. The position is high-visibility and involves presenting our clients products at retail stores both independents, headquarter accounts and even through cold-calling. Further, the Territory Sales Manager will serve as an advocate for our client’s products to work on getting their items placed in stores, they receive proper placement and get promoted. This position interfaces with retail customers as well as various members of the Alliance team.
The ideal candidate must possess a professional, knowledgeable, and customer-focused demeanor. Successful Territory Sales Managers will be well-organized and have a proven track record of sales in the Retail and Consumer Product Goods industries. The position is largely independent, so the successful candidate will be self-motivated, disciplined, and high-energy. Ability to present to both an individuals and/or groups is imperative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Make store calls to 8-10 stores a week in your territory. (Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs,
Pueblo, Grand Junction)
• Present and sell multiple- grocery, frozen, and perishable products to Independent retailers
in order to get items on the shelf
• Perform product audits for stores in your territory
• Use our retailer software program during store visits
• Maintain product placement at stores
• Set up ad’s, promotions and other vehicles to help drive sales
Qualifications, Experience, and Interests:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• BA/BS from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years of Natural/Organic experience in the food & beverage industry.
• Self-starter with strong sales and merchandising skills
• “Road Warrior” spirit – as the position requires in-person sales calls throughout a specific
• Analytical with the ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
• Dependable and committed with a “will-to-win” attitude
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Proven track-record in sales, presentations, development, and closing skills
• Must possess a valid driver license and reliable transportation as position will require travel
to multiple sites
• Must be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in Windows and related
software applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, database
management, client/customer portals, etc.
• Must possess excellent organization skills and have a proven track record of meeting
• Must be able to operate a calculator, computer, printer, fax machine, telephone and copy
• Ability to make presentations coupled with excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be attentive to detail and accurate.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with peers and management teams.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Please send post inquiries to Michelle Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.