Come help us establish and realize the next chapter in Celestial Seasonings’ nearly 50-year history. The Director of Marketing will lead the marketing & creative teams responsible for the full marketing mix. A tremendous opportunity to work on a leading & iconic brand in the tea category in beautiful Boulder, Colorado.
Director, Marketing has responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of the Marketing Department’s strategic plans and budgets. Additionally, this position has accountability for ensuring delivery of the Business Unit’s strategic and financial goals in conjunction with the Vice President & Pillar Leader.
Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, food safety and quality, cost and GMP standards in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions –Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and execute annual and long-term strategic marketing plans consistent with the Business Unit and corporate goals.
2. Work with the Leadership Team to monitor achievement of P&L goals, identify and resolve issues to meet the Business Unit’s financial expectations.
3. Establish and drive the execution of business building initiatives including competitive analyses, category and shelf management, product improvement, advertising, pricing, consumer and trade promotions, new product concepts and development, and packaging.
4. Ideate, evaluate and develop new beverage and tea products in conjunction with R&D. Track and recommend mid-course corrections on all new products.
5. Translate Business Unit strategy and Marketing plan for each channel to address specific needs and opportunities working closely with channel leaders.
6. Provide leadership and supervision to the Marketing Department focusing on development of skills.
7. Select (in conjunction with the CMO) and manage relationships with advertising, research and public relations agencies, consulting firms, etc.
8. With the CMO, evaluate, develop and manage acquisition, private label and licensing opportunities for the Celestial Seasonings brand.
9. Identify and monitor competitive category trends and drive recommendations supported by detailed analysis.
10. Develop budget plans and manage department expenditures. Recommend corrective action as necessary.
11. Work extensively with all functions, particularly Operations, R&D, Sales, Customer Planning and the Finance Departments.
12. Responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
13. Follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to:
• Allergen Program
1. Brand Manager
1. BS/BA Degree in related field; MBA preferred or equivalent experience.
2. 7+ years of consumer packaged goods marketing experience
3. Successful experience with established and new products at various phases of life cycle development.
4. Strong analytical skills with detail orientation.
5. General management/P&L orientation, including a comprehensive understanding of profits, margins, ROI’s and other functions in the company.
6. Demonstrated success in developing new products.
7. Strategic perspective with full responsibility for short and long range strategic planning.
8. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
9. Significant supervisory experience.
10. Experience managing agency relationships and a flair for the creative process in advertising and packaging.
11. Extensive knowledge of food and mass merchandiser distribution channels; knowledge of natural foods a plus
12. Results-oriented with a strong commitment to quality.
13. Must be able to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment.
14. Occasional travel required.
15. Ability to meet attendance guidelines.
16. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
Application Instructions: At The Hain Celestial Group, our commitment to helping consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™ is at the heart of everything we do. With operations in North America, Europe, and India, we participate in many natural categories with well-known brands. Our mission is to be the leading marketer, manufacturer, and seller of organic and natural, better-for-you products. We are committed to growing sustainably while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes.Come join one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies to help consumers lead A Healthier Way of Life™.EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled
Apply online, visit our careers page at www.hain.com