Denver-based Western Export Services, Inc. is a full-service, International Food and Beverage Sales Management and Distribution Company. Our affiliate, Origo Brands, LLC is a natural and organic brand and product innovator, focusing on “origin” products.
We are currently looking for a US Sales Manager who is strategic, thrives on challenges, is passionate about their work and wants to contribute and be an integral part of a successful growing organization. The ideal candidate will have an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset able to create new-to-market products, has the ability to cultivate and maintain excellent relationships, has a proven successful sales background, has product export experience and understands and is able to connect our business to the needs of current and prospective clients.
Our organization operates in a team environment and sees each employee playing a valuable role. We are looking for team members that are interested in contributing continuous improvement to business procedures. Food distribution experience is a plus.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter that details your related experience and why you are the ideal candidate for the position. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for driving sales in the US Region which includes developing and implementing sales plans and goals, promoting the customers products and key services, building and fostering relationships with key customers, developing and reporting various aspects related to sales, sales cycles, and competitors, and collaborating with the rest of the organization.
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans, goals, cadence and campaigns for a sales team to execute the organization’s overall sales strategy for each geographical location, product line, market segment, and list of customer accounts.
• Align with annual commission programs that bring measurable focus and process to the sales organization.
• Promote the company’s products and services to key and target customers including relating the key features, advantages and benefits of our products and services.
• Prepare sales forecasts, goals, budgets and market analysis; monitors sales volume, revenues, and costs against forecasts to identify problem areas; and adapt procedures or re-allocate resources to improve the overall performance of the organization’s strategy.
• Build and fosters relationships with key stakeholders, negotiate sales with existing and new customers who are of strategic importance to the organization.
• Contribute to the development of sales, marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies for area of responsibility.
• Works closely with Operations to identify and propose additional or new service offerings, recommend improvements to enhance customer service.
• Responsible for communicating company initiatives to employees as appropriate.
• Understand customer requirements and provides quality customer service in a timely and accurate manner, matching expectations and capabilities.
• Adhere to safety and performance standards as established by the company.
• As applicable, coach sales representatives on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
• Influences the work of and/or may have direct supervisory responsibilities for one or two employees.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated sales ability with proven sales results
• An established network of industry contacts
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence others
• Comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and changing market and regulatory conditions
• Experience managing through large complicated bids
• As applicable, proven ability in leading team to exceed sales targets that established by the organization.
• Solution-oriented problem solver who is well organized with special attention to details and deadlines.
• Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills and ability to organize, lead and participate in meetings with various business contacts (suppliers, customers, etc.) and co-workers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
• Consistently demonstrates a high degree of integrity, honesty, accuracy, and supports a collaborative, results-focused culture.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with Company policy.
• Ability to work and contribute within a culturally diverse business environment, including international suppliers.
• Possess strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft tools and Outlook email. Must be adaptable to learning other software, including QuickBooks Enterprise.
• Ability to taste and smell. This job requires exposure to food items containing allergens, including but not limited to cereals, corn, soy, nuts, egg and dairy.
• Able to apply judgment to complete what may be considered less routine tasks/duties.
• Position may require up to 50% travel within US and Canada
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 10+years’ sales experience
• Demonstrated experience up-selling of key & target accounts to grow the revenues and share of the market within the account
• Demonstrated experience of developing a brand, creating of pricing model and sales strategy
• Prefer demonstrated experience leading a team
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle items: must be able to use hands, stoop, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
• Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to have sharp vision at 20 inches or less, and to identify and distinguish colors.
• Ability to taste and smell; there is some exposure to food items containing allergens including but not limited to dairy, nuts, soy.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and communicate clearly.
• Must be able to perform and complete multiple tasks.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
• Competitive salary, bonus plan, health insurance and 401K Plans.