Purely Elizabeth was founded in 2009 by Elizabeth Stein, a certified holistic nutrition counselor. Realizing that the superfoods and ancient grains she was recommending weren’t readily available on store shelves, Stein created a first-of-its-kind line of gluten-free, ancient grain granola that was an instant hit among consumers. As founder and CEO, she continues to maintain a clear vision and strict dietary guidelines for Purely Elizabeth, while striving to innovate with products like grain-free granola, probiotic granola, oatmeal, bars and more. Dedicated to staying one step ahead of the curve, Purely Elizabeth continues to introduce innovative products that make it easier than ever for busy individuals and families to start each morning off on the right foot. A selection of Purely Elizabeth products can be found nationwide at Whole Foods, Kroger, Target, and Publix.
Purely Elizabeth is seeking a highly motivated Vice President of Marketing to lead the strategy, development and execution of marketing and e-commerce programs. The Vice President of Marketing must possess strong analytical skills with creative and innovative thinking to build brand awareness and drive business growth. This position reports to Elizabeth Stein, Founder + CEO and will lead and continue to build a best-in-class marketing team.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Guide Brand Strategy
• Manage all aspects of marketing initiatives, including marketing planning and analysis, brand strategy, consumer marketing, trade marketing, digital and social strategy, e-commerce & marketing and advertising.
• Work with the CEO to guide and unify the creative direction of the brand and overall messaging for the company.
• Design and execute dynamic experiences bringing all aspects of the brand to life through strong content, partnerships, media, advertising campaigns, etc.
• Establish strategic partnerships and collaborations and develop word-of-mouth opportunities to increase awareness and build brand equity.
• Develop and manage the PR strategy (traditional, digital and influencers), from day-to-day programs to high-profile launch campaigns and partnerships.
• Utilize technology to leverage consumer insights and analysis of consumer buying patterns to inform forward marketing & sales strategy and external communication.
• Understand product, consumer and digital trends in the marketplace and identify growth opportunities in order to gain market share.
• Tactically utilize and monitor performance metrics that not only drive ROI and continuous KPI improvements across all marketing channels, but also meet budget goals and track efficiency of spend.
• Maintain constant pulse of competitive landscape identifying trends, innovations, new products and both current and emerging competitors.
• Set & manage the marketing budget in partnership with the CEO.
• Lead and inspire a high-performing and analytics-driven marketing team that possesses depth on both online and offline channels.
• Methodically build the marketing team and define work plans, goal setting, and career ladders.
• Develop processes to ensure cross-functional collaboration and intra-marketing team success.
• Implement and lead e-commerce strategy that meets direct-to-consumer revenue objectives and lays foundation and forward roadmap for rapid growth.
• Tailor user interaction and back-end web systems to maximize on-site and off-site customer satisfaction.
• Create a digital community united through shared beliefs and a sense of belonging.
• Lead ideation and concept phase for new product development.
• Work in conjunction with cross-functional team to lead product development initiatives insuring product objectives and launch timing is met.
• Build data, trend and competition-driven business cases for new product concepts.
• Test concepts with consumers and partner with R&D for sustainable and innovative product pipeline.
• Develop and execute go to market strategy on new product launches.
• Education: BA degree required, MBA preferred.
• 7-10 years of marketing experience in consumer-packaged goods with a passion for small, entrepreneurial natural foods brands.
• Experience leading and working with the marketing team to monitor market trends through the implementation of effective advertising campaigns and e-commerce/digital strategies.
• Expert in integrated marketing, consumer marketing and digital marketing.
• Strong knowledge of social media, video and content creation.
• Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated experience in building marketing talent with the ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
• Highly motivated, action-oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
• Impeccable work ethic, flexible, hands-on and can adapt quickly.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills to work effectively with all stakeholders.
• Creative problem-solver and conceptual thinker with an ability to understand and leverage detail-oriented and analytical issues as needed.
• Ability to work effectively and productively with an owner/operator/entrepreneur.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to influence business partners.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Competitive salary
• Flexible Paid Time Off
• Benefits include, health and dental insurance, 401k plan
• Summer hours, social office gatherings, and more
• An ambitious, fun, startup work environment
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com