VP of Marketing
Exempt Full–-Time position located in Longmont, CO
Commensurate with experience
Goddess Garden is looking for a warm-hearted, VP of Marketing who is experienced in finding and connecting with the Goddess Garden customer. This position is responsible for successfully growing digital and retail market share while building long-term fans and loyal customers. VP of Marketing leads the GG Marketing team to continue to establish Goddess Garden as a Natural Lifestyle brand.
The VP of Marketing will implement Goddess Garden’s creative vision, develop strategic marketing plans and manage our fantastic employee team internally as well as key vendors. The VP of Marketing will own strategic retailer partnerships to increase brand awareness, targeted at increasing Goddess Garden’s turns and marketing success across all distribution channels (Digitial, Food, Drug, Mass, Club, Beauty and Natural) as well as building key partnerships with our retailer’s marketing teams (including Target, Whole Foods, Walgreens, CVS, etc.). VP of Marketing will be positioning Goddess Garden as THE brand to partner with to grow natural brand awareness.
The VP of Marketing is a key member on the executive team. With an eye toward Goddess Garden’s successful growth into existing and new markets, the VP of Marketing will perform the following duties personally or through subordinates and external contractors or vendors:
• Proven work experience and success as VP of Marketing (at least 15 years successful track record in marketing)
• Experience managing a highly performing team
• Develop and implement strategic marketing plans with the help of Goddess Garden’s executive team
• Manage on-going marketing budgets to meet Goddess Garden’s corporate marketing objectives
• Proven ability to understand and to analyze sales performance metrics to implement marketing strategies
• Develop and manage marketing operating budget
• Develop and recommend product positioning and help launch new products to help Goddess Garden achieve profitability goals and increase market share
• Monitor & evaluate current competitor products in targeted categories as well as future entries into targeted categories
• Lead with excellent communication skills
• Establish and maintain relationships with key strategic partners (retailers, distributors, broker groups)
• Lead, manage & train marketing team members
• Direct Goddess Garden’s internal Sales and Marketing teams including staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs
• Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to Board
• Establish and maintain the Goddess Garden brand image throughout all communication
• Direct channel development activity and coordinate marketing by sales territories, etc.
• Represent Goddess Garden at tradeshows and headquarter meetings to build marketing partnerships
• Develop and report statistical approach to assess and prioritize new market entry
• Define and deliver an annual marketing plan to evolve the company’s brand as the category leader— including all marketing efforts, marketing campaigns and collateral, advertising, trade shows, company website, digital marketing, internal marketing, and customer support —ensuring consistent and effective brand messaging across all channels and oversight of all executional elements.
• Oversee the rollout of the marketing pipeline of new products in conjunction with the help of the executive team
• Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
• Prepare quarterly and monthly sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Prepare quarterly marketing reports for presentation at our Quarterly Strategic Planning sessions
• Review and analyze sales performances against programs, marketing programs, promotions and plans to determine effectiveness
This position manages all employees of the Marketing department. This person is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within those teams. The VP of Marketing is also responsible for managing all external marketing agencies as well as owning the relationships with retailers, distributors, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position, and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel can be extensive (approximately 30% of the time during tradeshow and events, he/she may need to work throughout the weekend on occasion. Visiting retailers to create strategic partnerships will be a critical part of the role.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration
2. Fifteen (15) years of related experience with progressive management experience
3. Experience leading the Marketing function of a fast-growing company
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree in Marketing with a focus on business administration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Kristine Loew at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
More Information: http://www.goddessgarden.com/