2021 Earth Week | Climate Justice: The Intersection of Equity and Environmental Justice
Originally Aired 4/13/21
Global climate change can have differing social, economic, public health and other adverse impacts that disproportionately affect underprivileged populations. Climate Justice creates a platform to advance climate solutions that prioritize human rights and sustainable development from a human-centric perspective, elevating the needs, voices, and leadership of the communities who are most impacted by this crisis.
This webinar features panelists as they share their blueprints and key resources to integrate social justice into corporate climate action plans. We’ll dive into the recent launch of B Lab’s Climate Playbook and how industry leaders are leveraging their platforms to drive systemic change, and share best practices from key CPG brands about their respective approaches and strategies for their climate justice work.
- Karen Lickteig, Strategic Advisor, B Lab
- Steve Savage, CEO, 1908 Brands
- Angela Dawson, Founder, 40 Acre Co-op
- Miguel Gil, CEO, Organic India
- Download Climate Justice Playbook: https://www.bcorpclimatecollective.org/climate-justice-playbook
- The McKinsey and Company report found that in the United States, there is a correlation between ethnic diversity and financial performance, pointing out that for every 10% increase in ethnic diversity on the senior-executive team, earnings before interest and taxes increase by 0.8%: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesfinancecouncil/2019/09/23/the-roi-of-diversity-delivering-business-success/?sh=41422926d78f