Words of Wisdom for Times of Crisis
Stonyfield Organic, Flock, Lily’s Sweets, Traditional Medicinals, Daiya Foods, New Hope Network, Thrive Market, Zevia, OCHO, Eat the Change
A Natural Products Town Hall Webinar to Discuss Responses to COVID-19
Ideas, perspectives, and sage advice from industry pioneers and leaders:
* Managing employee safety, morale, payroll, and work-from-home schedules
* The outlook for co-packing, distribution, and handling demand
* How to replace in-store sampling
* Shifting to online sales
* What’s next for Expo?
Hear From Industry Experts:
Gary Hirshberg – Co-Founder, Stonyfield Organic
Mark Retzloff – Chair, Flock; Industry Pioneer
Jane Miller – CEO, Lily’s Sweets
Blair Kellison – CEO, Traditional Medicinals
Terry Tierney – former CEO, Daiya Foods
Carlotta Mast – Market Leader, New Hope Network
Nick Green – CEO, Thrive Market
Paddy Spence – CEO, Zevia
Denis Ring – Founder, OCHO and 365
Seth Goldman – Founder, Eat the Change, PLNT Burger; co-founder of Honest Tea; and Chair of the Board of Beyond Meat
Mo Siegel – Founder, Celestial Seasonings
Moderated by Joe Dobrow – Founder, MBArk
A number of very generous offers were presented by members of the Naturally Network community during this webinar.
- Initiative: Thrive Market launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund that will provide $150 grocery stipends to any family facing health or financial hardships due to COVID-19. For the next 30 days, 100% of Thrive Market member donations at checkout will go toward this effort and we will match every donation dollar for dollar. If your family or someone you know needs support, send a message or short video explaining the situation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stipends will be awarded to Thrive Market members, Thrive Market Gives members, and non-members alike, and will be based purely on need.
- URL: https://thrivemarket.com/blog/announcing-the-thrive-market-covid-19-relief-fun
- Initiative: Snoooze® natural sleep drink helps you fall asleep faster and improves sleep duration, so you can enjoy a happier tomorrow. The Snoooze® herbal blend of Valerian, Passionflower, Linden Flower and Lemon Balm supports your natural sleep cycles, so you can enjoy a healthy sleep, especially at times when you need it most. Follow this link for a free trial gift pack of Snoooze®.
- URL: https://us.snoooze.co/product/trial-gift-box/
- Initiative: Belgian Boys would like us all to stay connected. They encourage us to reach out to our loved ones through video chats or mailed cards. And to supplement those personal efforts, the team at Belgian Boys team will ship a special indulgence for your safta, opa, nana, grandpa, great-uncle or whomever you feel needs it (within the continental US). Let’s take care of each other.
- URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScw_en2-xN7_GKoz2IrWIRe_Yu_McLvmbHa07dquZ6s2qsi3w/viewform?fbzx=709174202467628363
Natures Wild Berry
- Initiative: Have you heard about the berry that confuses your tastebuds and makes sour foods like lemons taste as sweet as though they’d been dipped in sugar? Have you always wanted to try the ledidi berry? Here’s your opportunity to snag a free sample from Nature’s Wild Berry, the Flavor Changing Berry – just pay shipping and handling. Parents, this would make for a fun science experiment with your newly homeschooled children.
- URL: https://natureswildberry.com/product/free-sample-pack-1-berry-sliced-in-half-only-1-per-order/
- Initiative: The Amazi Team extends this generous offer: if you or someone you know is immune compromised, is struggling to gain access to groceries, or is a health professional on the front lines, please complete the form at this link and Renee and the Amazi Team will organize a care package for them. Snack on purpose with a bold twist on dried fruit. Stay healthy, stay safe, stay snacking!
- URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOCHIrw0e4hYHGOGqCfHvEIF2mk1IaRnIx-1dZOdcgVtG5Pw/viewform
- Initiative: If you would like a care package of some yummy ready to eat rice & grains, please email Robin at email@example.com
- Robin Herman – Village Harvest & Super Lucky Elephant Brands
- URL: http://www.otismcallister.com/our-brands/
- Initiative: Check out the tax incentives from CPG partner at Squar Milner (CPA); Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: https://squarmilner.com/category/covid-19/ ; https://squarmilner.com/covid-19-impact-manufacturing-distribution/ ; https://squarmilner.com/coronavirus-relief-bill/
- Initiative: As a Crisis Management Partner, Lizbeth Vega offers to help any food or beverage business that is struggling to manage the crisis in their manufacturing operations.
- URL: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/lizbeth-vega-9879314a_crisismanagement-foodindustry-beverageindustry-activity-6646283479053066240-AYWC
Shenandoah Valley Organics
- Initiative: Shenandoah Valley Organic is hiring for hourly team members in Harrisonburg, VA and in marketing and operations. Please reach out if you’d like to learn more.
- URL: https://www.svorganic.com/jobs
Denver Metro Chamber Resource Center
- Initiative: For Colorado companies looking for SBA or other business resources
- URL: https://denverchamber.org/members/covid/
- Initiative: Nova Sayers invites you to share examples of crisis adaptation and capacity building steps your companies are taking to respond to COVID-19 that will also be useful in responding to challenges we face such as Climate Change. Nova started an open LinkedIn group called Stories of Resilience & Adaptation.
- URL: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13841523/
- Initiatives: TALES FROM THE TRENCHES
- Free Webinar Series kicks off March 31, 2020
- A series of online conversations with entrepreneurial leaders sharing stories about their own experiences facing and overcoming challenges, past and present.
- At times like these, it is helpful to remember that we are not alone in facing challenging situations in our businesses and lives, and that many others have overcome formidable or even seemingly impossible mountains in building their initiatives and enterprises. These live and recorded discussions will be led by a number of extraordinary successes who have not always had it easy. Moderated by HEI Founder Gary Hirshberg, the format will be 20 minutes of storytelling, followed by 10 minutes of Q&A and then 15 minutes of audience questions and discussion.
- URL: https://hirshberginstitute.com/webinar-series/